Enjoy a more comfortable pregnancy and post-partum period by strengthening, toning, and improving posture and balance.
Pilates is a safe and effective form of pre and post-natal exercise. Its mind and body approach offers huge benefits for the health of mother and baby. Pregnancy Pilates classes are designed to help women get through their pregnancy with minimal discomfort, by offering exercises to help ease tension and build strength in areas most in need.
The class is specifically adapted for Pregnancy, so you can join at any level of experience.
About the Pregnancy Pilates Class
The class focuses on pelvic floor support, hip stability and deep core strength, all of which have positive effects on postural strength and alignment. Pilates helps you stay strong and balanced, especially as the body starts to change and grow through the stages of pregnancy. Mobility exercises and soothing stretches are also included in class, to help ease stress and tension of the hips, upper back and shoulders.
It is a great opportunity to pamper yourself a little, and to support sleep and general relaxation. The classes are friendly and fun and are filled with the encouragement and support needed during this very special time in your life.
The long term benefits of Pilates will only be achieved if you commit to the work. It takes a while for the body to adapt and muscle memory to evolve, so consistency is key!
Benefit of Pilates for Pregnancy
- Encourages mobility of tight areas, helping to ease joint stress and strain and energize your body.
- Strengthens the core and pelvic floor, to aid your body during pregnancy, childbirth and post-partum recovery.
- Improves hip and spine stability, helping to maintain better posture and support for your pregnancy.
- Helps to reduce those painful niggles that are often assumed to be unavoidable during pregnancy.
- Strengthens and tones arms and legs, in preparation for carrying a baby, and then a toddler!
- Focuses on breathing, promoting good sleep and general relaxation.
- You time; giving you a chance to focus on nothing but you.
- Meet other mums-to-be! The classes are friendly and fun and are filled with the encouragement and support, so important during this very special time in your life.