This class is for absolute beginners , people with postural problems or those who like the more detailed, controlled pace of Pilates.
The class focuses on the fundamental principles of the Pilates method, including; concentration, alignment, core stability and flexibility. It will take you though a series of controlled exercises designed to engage, strengthen and tone the core muscles of the abdominals, back, hips and shoulders. It helps to improve posture and encourages your body to work in the correct alignment. It will leave you feeling strong, centred and relaxed.
About the Beginners Class
Pilates is a physical, yet mindful method.
The beginners class will lead you through the Pilates principles and exercises week by week; putting together and progressing through the building blocks of this core and posture training method. The classes will teach you about posture and neutral spine alignment. They will also give you a thorough understanding of core activation and core stability, breathing techniques for strengthening the core, safe ranges of spinal movement and how to strengthen hip stability for supporting the posture. It isn’t as intense as it sounds, honest! And the benefits are life long!
A great class for rehabilitation of postural or sports injuries and those who love to learn!
The long term benefits of Pilates will only be achieved if you commit to the work. It takes a while for the body to adapt and muscle memory to evolve, so consistency is key!
- Teaches you to assess posture and neutral spine alignment
- Strengthens core stability, core balance and core control
- Promotes functional ranges of movement through all joints
- Eases muscle tension of tight, over used muscle groups
- Improves flexibility
- Strengthens and tones the body
- Gaining knowledge of common injuries/postural problem and how to work with them
- Heightening mind-body awareness, strengthening motor skills & co-ordination